Tryouts for the 2023-2024 Season:
- 3 days: Thursday May 18, Saturday May 21, and Sunday, May 22, 2023
- Athletes will tryout by level. Tryout registration link is listed above.
- Cost- $35 for returning athletes; $80 for new athletes
- What to expect: Tryouts at Magic City are essentially low-stress workouts. During the tryouts, athletes show skills they have developed and demonstrate a potential to learn new skills. Athletes are given numerous opportunities to show skills over 3 days. This also gives athletes and our coaching staff time to get acquainted with one another.
- Tryouts will be held over a span of three days. Day 1 is crucial for all athletes because it will determine what time and day, they come in on Day 2 and Day 3.
***PLEASE SEE SKILL GRID BELOW TO DETERMINE WHICH LEVEL YOUR ATHLETE WILL BE TRYING OUT FOR***
Day 1: Tumbling
Day 2: level appropriate Stunting/ Flyer body positions
Day 3: level appropriate stunting, introduce elite level stunting.
***Tryout times per level are listed in the team packet.***
TUMBLING SKILLS GRID
- LEVEL 1: Back walkover, back walkover series, cartwheel back walkover, backbend, Round off
- LEVEL 2: Back handspring, T-Jump back handspring, Back walkover back handspring with straight legs, round off back handspring series with straight legs, front walkover round off back handspring
- LEVEL 3: Back handspring stepin back handspring back handspring, jump to back handspring backhandspring stepout, front walkover roundoff back handspring tuck, front walkover roundoff tuck
- LEVEL 4: Standing tuck, back handspring tuck, back series to tuck, cartwheel tuck, jump back handspring tuck, Round off back handspring layout, punch front through to layout/tuck, round off whip tuck/layout, front handspring front through to layout/tuck
Stunts: Flying body positions required
- Bow and arrow
- Heel stretch (on both right and left leg)
Summer Camp Dates:
- Once the season begins in June we will have 2 mandatory choreography camps for our All Stars over the summer. Both camps need to be attended by all athletes. Please plan your vacations around these weeks.
- One week in June: June 19th- June 23rd
- Two Weeks in July: July 9th – 21st Please note, Sunday, July 9th will be the only weekend date of practice for the entire summer. We will NOT have camp on Saturday July 15 or Sunday July 16. Please note, we are aware that many of our athletes will be attending Summer Showoffs the week of July 10-14, and we will plan the team practice times on this week accordingly. : ) Please let us know if your child will be attending summer showoffs this week.